Tuesday, January 8, 2013

His grace is sufficient!

I was talking to a good friend of mine the other day, when that person gave me a fantastic Bible verse that I believe can apply to every single person alive. So I thought, "why not post it?" Well, here it is!

2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."

I happen to think that is just about the bee's knees. God's grace is sufficient for us. His power is made perfect in our weakness. That's something to brag about! Our God covers and makes our weaknesses perfect! While I'm on the idea of grace, there's a popular hymn that speaks on it pretty powerfully.

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.
T'was Grace that taught...
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.
The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures.
When we've been here ten thousand years...
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...
then when we've first begun.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see."

I hope everyone of you is having a great weak! You should all try and repeat this over yourselves. It's good stuff.

1 comment:

  1. This has always been my favorite Hymn of all time. I enjoy today's praise and worship music, but it is the old Hymns that truly touch my soul. They contain knowledge and they give praise to God in a personal way for all. Everyone knows the popular ones, but find a hymnal and you will find hundreds of good praise and worship songs that were written for God and God alone. Amazing Grace was written in 1779 and music was added in 1835 and it has been song by a lot of different people ever since. 178 years later We have good songs, but I would bet that 178 years from now we will still know His grace and sing loudly "Amazing Grace"!
    -TheronBrooks

    ReplyDelete