Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Reading the Bible

Recently, reading the Bible has been a challenge for me to do. With all of the challenges and hardships that are currently coming into my life, I've been fussing at God to much ( I don't know if you can call it praying ;p ) and I have been forgetting the importance of reading His word. I've practically been yelling at Him and begging for him to answer, yet I haven't even looked for them in the words he already gave me. Surely enough, after taking a moment to just open the Bible, I found that the answer was there all along. He gave me peace, he showed me the importance of trusting him. Being the person I am, I have always had difficulties trusting people. And I noticed after reading through Deuteronomy1:30(The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.") that I had started considering him untrustworthy. I caught caught up in him "not responding" and "abandoning me" and I stopped trusting him. At that point, I wasn't even giving him a chance. I was blinded by the walls I had subconsciously built against him.
God showed me through all this that it is important to consistently read his word, even in the times where all I want to do is scream at him. He wrote those words for me, and for me to neglect them just cause I'm tired and upset is like a smack in the face to him.
So I encourage you, challenge yourself. Read the Bible every day, and give God the ability to speak to you through it. Dedicate 10 minutes of what could have been sleep, and open up the Bible. Take time to understand it, to learn it, and to study it.
God is doing amazing things, be encouraged everyone (:
--NatalieEmma

No comments:

Post a Comment